Liberty Latin America closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding COVID-1902 Mar 2021 in
Liberty Latin America closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19
At Liberty Latin America, our primary concern is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our customers, and the communities where we operate. We have been closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and following guidance from the World Health Organization, local health authorities in our markets, and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As recommendations evolve, we will revise our Pandemic Response Plan as appropriate and communicate any changes to our employees and customers. We have put the following measures in place to slow down the spread, flatten the curve, and support our communities:
- Suspended business-related travel across our company.
- Implemented work from home initiatives for employees.
- Placed hand sanitizer and additional cleaning supplies in all of our offices and stores.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning across all of our facilities.
- Invested in our fixed and mobile networks, and expanded capacity to meet the increased demand for bandwidth and speed.
- Launched virtual stores in our markets to provide customers with options to access our services in a zero-touch environment.
- Introduced Assisted Self Installations, where available, to support the requirements of social distancing. Provided ongoing educational information to our employees regarding the virus and how to prevent infection.
- Provided free access to educational content to students in many of the markets where we operate.
- Partnered with local governments in several of our markets to issue PSAs and health & safety related messages to local communities.
- Activated our Business Continuity processes and Regional Crisis Management Team to continue to monitor and take appropriate decisions.
We will continue to keep our customers, employees, and the broader community informed as more information becomes available. We remain committed to providing uninterrupted service to our customers during this unprecedented period to minimize any possible impact.